Dear McKay Scholarship Schools,
The Coalition of McKay Scholarship Schools is excited about the changes we have seen in our students’ and their families’ lives since this choice has been made available to them. Our mission is to keep this program viable for our students and for the participating schools.
It is imperative that we do not take for granted that the McKay Scholarship Program (MSP) is a permanent program in Florida. The program must have champions raising their voices to educate the public and policy makers on how important this program is to Florida. One way of raising your voice is to become a member of The Coalition for McKay Scholarship Schools.
What does The Coalition do for you?
- Provide you a voice at the legislature that helps to guide policy decisions concerning MSP;
- Work with FL DOE on procedural issues that are workable for private schools;
- Alert you to any issues that could be detrimental to our schools’ ability to continue to provide programs using MSP;
- Assist our member schools in promoting MSP as a positive, strong addition to Florida’s educational options;
- Send FYI’s on issues involving the MSP;
- Hold opportunities to network with schools at conferences;
- Bring cutting edge presentations together for your administrators and teachers at the conference;
- And more.
The Coalition has been at the forefront of legislation that has broadened the MSP impact on our children. The Coalition lead the way in 1) having students with 504 plans become eligible for the scholarship; 2) dissolving the payment for FLVS classes for McKay students; 3) developing a school to work transition plan. We are the only organization whose sole focus is the McKay Scholarship Program.
YOU can have a role to play in keeping The McKay Scholarship a viable program for our children and our schools. Become a Member School or Individual Member of The Coalition TODAY!